Sunday 8 December 2013

Mini Winter Primark haul

So we're well into December now and naturally the weather in England, particularly in the North, has descended into utter turmoil. Cold weather equals unhappy Kat, so to cheer myself up (at least that's how I'm justifying it to myself) I went on a little spending spree in Primark this week to stock up on winter woollies and festive tack I don't need.


The first item I bought was these fox mittens. They're basically fingerless gloves which have a little flap which you can pull over your fingers to turn them into mittens, which is so practical (if you have an iPhone you'll understand the importance of having fingerless gloves). The fox design is super sweet and the miniature pompom ear detailing melts my heart. I've worn these almost everyday since buying them and thus far I am extremely impressed with the quality, considering they were only £2 (bargain).


Next I picked up a matching burgundy mitten and beanie set. I love deep red and pink tones for Autumn/ Winter, and this set has streaks of shimmer running through the design, which immediately caught my Princess-obsessed eye. I wasn't sure if beanies suited me, but whether they do or not I find it to keep my ears nice and warm and it fits perfectly. The mittens, on the other hand, disappointed me. Foolishly, I didn't check to see if they fit me before I bought them, assuming the one-size-fits-all sizing would be no issue. As soon as I got home and tried them on, however, I realised my mistake when I put my little t-rex hands into the mittens and realised there was enough extra room to fit a small child in there (no exaggeration, clearly). My mistake, but for just £2 I think I can live with it.


The item I was most excited about getting were these reindeer leggings I picked up for £10. They're thick, comfortable and super fun to wear, perfect for lounging around the house on cold winter nights or if you're like me and not afraid to show the world how festive you're feeling, tuck them into Chelsea boots and throw on a mack and you're set to pop out to the shops to squeeze in some Christmas shopping.

I  put my tree up today guys! Suddenly I'm feeling a lot more festive, and I'm currently tucked up on the sofa in my reindeer leggings watching Elf with a mug of hot chocolate (bliss). 17 days to go!

Thanks again for readings guys, til next time..
Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment